Brown Sugar Baked Oatmeal
Leave the overnight oats in the fridge, and get ready to FALL in love with Baked Oatmeal—your new cool weather, comfort food crush! Breakfast? Dessert? Snack? You decide! Come join the oatmeal party!"
Servings: 6 servings
- 3 cups Uncooked Rolled Oats
- 2 scoops Vanilla Protein Powder (I used Devotion Angel Food Cake Protein)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Swerve Brown Sugar Sweetener *see note
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tbsp Land O Lakes Light Butter with Canola Oil, melted (this is optional or you can use any butter you like)
- 1½ cup Vanilla Fairlife Nutrition Plan Protein Drink (or your favorite ready-made protein shake OR milk of choice)
- 3/4 cup Unsweetened Applesauce (or greek yogurt)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla Paste or Extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease an 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish—I use Pam for Baking—and set aside.Mix oats, protein powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Add the remaining ingredients to a blender or food processor, and blend well. Add oats and pulse until well-mixed. Pour into a greased pan and let sit for 15 minutes before putting in the oven. Alternatively, you can pour the wet mixture over the oats and mix well, I prefer to blend my oats a bit. (See notes)Bake for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy warm or cold!
*Adjust the amount of sweetener based on your own tastes. I go down to 1/4 cup if I'm using bananas, or peaches instead of applesauce or yogurt. You can put your oats in the blender or food processor first to give it more of a flour consistency, it's the way I prefer it. But it's just as delicious if you don't process the oats at all. You can cut this into bars for a quick snack as well. WW Points will be lower, and it will make eight snack-sized oatmeal bars.
Serving: 6Servings | Calories: 249kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 66mg | Sodium: 343mg | Potassium: 226mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g