Mexican Chicken is perfect for weekly meal-prep and planning and will make you the rockstar at your next potluck. This chicken recipe is a no-fuss way to get dinner on the table on those busy evenings — and it will please even your sneakiest eaters! It’s great for salads, tacos, burritos, and chimichangas, and partners well with Cilantro Lime Rice and Beans!
- 2 pounds chicken
- ¾ cup chicken stock
- 1 can Rotel Diced Tomatoes
- 1 oz Taco Seasoning (I used McCormick)
- 1 packet Sazon Goya Seasoning, Coriander & Annatto
- 1 cup Salsa
- ¼ cup jalapeno peppers, diced optional
- Add broth, salsa, tomatoes, peppers, sazon seasoning, and taco seasoning to the inside pot of a pressure cooker, give a quick stir. Nestle the chicken into the saucy mix so it's almost covered.
- *Put the lid on the cooker and set the valve on seal. Set to high-pressure for 21 minutes do a 10 minute natural release, then release the pressure. Carefully remove the lid.
- Remove the chicken and shred using two forks or a hand mixer.