by Lisa | Jun 3, 2020 | Dinner | 2 comments
Mexican Chicken is perfect for weekly meal-prep and planning and will make you the rockstar at your next potluck. This chicken recipe is a no-fuss way to get dinner on the table on those busy evenings — and it will please even your sneakiest eaters! It’s great for salads, tacos, burritos, and chimichangas, and partners well with Cilantro Lime Rice and Beans!
5 from 1 vote
5 from 1 vote
Course Main Course
- 2 pounds chicken
- ¾ cup chicken stock
- 1 can Rotel Diced Tomatoes
- 1 oz Taco Seasoning (I used McCormick)
- 1 packet Sazon Goya Seasoning, Coriander & Annatto
- 1 cup Salsa
- ¼ cup jalapeno peppers, diced optional
- Add broth, salsa, tomatoes, peppers, sazon seasoning, and taco seasoning to the inside pot of a pressure cooker, give a quick stir. Nestle the chicken into the saucy mix so it's almost covered.
- *Put the lid on the cooker and set the valve on seal. Set to high-pressure for 21 minutes do a 10 minute natural release, then release the pressure. Carefully remove the lid.
- Remove the chicken and shred using two forks or a hand mixer.
*If preparing in a slow cooker, add all ingredients to crockpot. Cover and cook on high for 4-hours or low for 6-hours (or until chicken falls apart) This recipe freezes well. Cool completely and freeze in an airtight container for up to 6-months.
Serving: 3oz | Calories: 121kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 511mg | Potassium: 258mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 524IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 1mg
I have made the dish 3 times in about a month! Oh my goodnessssss…and I keep finding additional dishes to “create” with it! Keep on bringing us yummy goodness!
I’m glad you enjoyed it! I love how versatile this recipe is too!