Big Fat Skinny Blue Cheese Dressing
I searched high and low for a blue cheese dressing that was point friendly. I found a few, but I wasn’t all that crazy about them. I also used Google to try to find a recipe that I liked — to no avail. I decided to create my own using my Ranch Dressing recipe as a base. It took me a few really tangy and not so flavorful batches before I got the flavor profile I wanted. I used to be a plain yogurt naysayer — I was sour cream all the way, ah, the mistakes of youth — but when I joined MyWW, it seemed everyone was using it, even for freaking pizza dough! Then began my love affair with plain greek yogurt, after all a girl’s got to do what she can to keep her points low!
When I first tested this recipe, I just mixed everything together and went way too heavy on the ranch mix and lemon juice, so don’t skip the white vinegar, trust me. I also used a higher ratio of mayo to yogurt, which resulted in higher points, plus the tang from the yogurt adds to the right flavor in this one. I also wanted a more pungent blue cheese flavor, so the first step is very important — you have to mash that blue cheese into the yogurt, like your life depends on it or you will only taste the blue cheese when you bite into a crumble of it. After working those few issues out, this is what I came up with. I promise this blue cheese dressing recipe will make your heart sing and your taste buds soar. Best of all it’s quick and soooooooo easy to make!
Big Fat Skinny Blue Cheese Dressing & Dip
- ¾ cup(s) Non-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt my faves are Fage and Choboni
- ½ cup(s) Reduced-fat Blue Cheese crumbled (I use Stella)
- 1 tbsp Light Mayo (I use Kraft)
- 1 tsp Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix
- ¼ tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp Fresh or Freeze-dried Chives optional (I usually put in more, I love chives)
- 1 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp White Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Fat Free Half n' Half
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, using a spatula, mash the blue cheese into the yogurt, leaving some chunks.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Salt and pepper to taste.