I use this salsa shortcut especially during the months that I’m waiting for homegrown or farmers market fresh tomatoes. It’s easy and tastes just like I used tomatoes from the garden. It comes together quickly whether you’re chopping by hand or using a food processor. This is a must-have when you’re serving my Mexican Chicken or Spanish Rice!
- Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker
- 1 can(14.5oz) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 medium clove garlic
- ¼ onion (I prefer a sweet onion)
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded
- ½ cup cilantro, roughly chopped to taste
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- ⅛-¼ tsp salt adjust to taste
- Add all ingredients to your *food processor and pulse until you reach desired texture. Adjust salt to taste after blending.